Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

We had a wonderful trip to Disney World and the girls did great. I think we saw a little of everything on this trip. Our favorite park continues to be the Magic Kingdom park and our least favorite park was Epcot. Not enough there to keep the girls interested I guess. We stayed at our favorite Disney resort and saw just about every character the girls set out to see. Vienne loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and Natalya's favorite ride is always the carousel. I was so glad to see that Natalya, at her ripe old age of 6 1/2, was still interested in everything. She hugged the characters was just as happy as Vienne was. I just hope that it stays that way for a long while. And don't believe the guide books when they say that the week before Christmas is the least busiest time to go. It was pretty busy.

Our first park day was cold! We started the day at about 40 degrees and it only reached about 60. It was on it's way to about 80 on the day we left.

We are going to ditch the autograph books next time. It just takes too much time.

Vienne got chosen from the audience to help Belle tell her story. A very happy moment for her.

Our two Princesses. These shirts are from the Sweet Bling-a-Doo Boutique at Etsy. Visit her shop. She is very sweet and shipped right to the hotel to make sure I got the shirts for our trip. She has lots of cute things.

I was so happy that Natalya agreed to dress as a Princess, too. These are the gowns that I made. I finished them up at about 11:00 the night before. They weren't as difficult as I thought they would be but I'm I was very good at procrastinating.

On our way to have dinner with Cinderella.

V loved Cinderella but loved the Prince even more. You should have seen how big her eyes were the whole time we were there.

A little Mickey love...

...And lots of Minnie love. Minnie was very happy to see V in her Minnie dress courtesy of Sweet Priya. It had really made Vienne happy to know that Priya had worn it first.

The lobby of our hotel.

And this is what happens when you ask for kechup at the hotel restaurant. You get ALL of the ketchup. When another table asked for ketchup, we had to bring it to that table. The girls got such a kick out of it.

And now, we rest. I always think that I need a vacation after my vacations. I may post more on Flickr 'cause there are so many cute pictures. Later.

8 comments:

Maya said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. What great memories for two little princesses.

Stacy said...

Wow, looks like a great time and I love how you dressed them for their Disney adventures! You did a great job on the dresses, they turned out so cute, as I expected. :)

Honorary Indian said...

It's so fun to see your pictures and know exactly where you were in each park. So glad you had fun.

mandaroo63 said...

Looks like so much fun! You're girls looks so cute in all their special outfits! What a great mom you are! :)

Mommy's Cherish said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. It is a time capsule of magic you captured in your pictures of the girls. Thanks for sharing.

Christina said...

What a wonderful time! I look forward to bringing Nadia to Disney one day - I've never been there myself! I love all their special outfits - especially those beautiful dresses!

Arizaphale said...

So cool to have Disney outfits to wear!! The princess dresses look wonderful indeed. I like the mix and match colours on Natalya's. I visited Disneyland in LA when I was 7 and I thought it was the most magical place on earth. Looks like your girls had a similarly wonderful time. What was the Cinderella dinner though? That looks exciting. I've never heard of it. Oh and the hotel looks sensational. I am jealous :-D

Anna said...

What a glorious experience! What wonderful memories you are creating with your beautiful girls. So glad to have shared 2007 with you, looking forward to seeing what 2008 brings for all of us!