Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pic of the Day

I had already published this post with just this picture but I had to come back and add a note.

Today I had lunch with Natalya at her school. If your child's school offers this, I would definitely take the opportunity to do it. It was very nostalgic. It has been a long time since I've sat in a school cafeteria. Honestly, I was even a little anxious. I don't really know why. Maybe I was just excited.

And I had great reason to be. When Natalya saw me she started jumping and had the biggest smile on her face. She came to me and gave me a humongous hug like she hadn't seen me in days. She had even made me a "Thank You" card for coming to have lunch with her. Ok, I've been crying some these days because of the trouble that I've been having with Vienne. You can't imagine how happy she made me just in this one minute period. I cried again. She'll have no idea how much I needed that.

So we sat and ate our fries and chicken. She told me all about the lunch time routine. The teachers have taught the kids sign language so that they can ask for things with less words. That cracked me up. She told me about some of her friends and then about what they had already done in class today. I saw my baby grow up so many years right before my eyes.

Lunch was over and she joined her class. I thought to myself, "She is my angel. She gives me strength. How lucky I am."

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my, that is so sweet! Beautiful picture, too. I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely heart warming. What a special lunch date.

Sign language to ask for things at meal time? Hmmmm....

Honorary Indian said...

Oh, I had no idea you added the "Lunch with Natalya" story! Great picture of the card you told me about. Yes, we are so very, very blessed. When Vienne cries when you leave her in the morning, it IS a reflection of who you are as a mom---meaning that Vienne loves and adores you so much that she wants to be with no one but you every moment of the day. However, being at school is healthy for her, too...just remember that. And, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I am here. XXOO.

Arizaphale said...

What a lovely contrast to the worry about Vienne. Natalya is obviously eating school up, so to speak, and what a nice idea that you can go and join her! Love the card. BA still does those, even at 12!

I am the bad mummy today because the BA had an 'open morning' at her school and I was teaching of course. With the extra hours I have been working there is no gap in my schedule to do those lovely things at school with her anymore. At least we get holidays together.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet story. she is beyond precious. I know how hard it is leaving them too. growing up never gets easy. For them or us, does it?