Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Little Mermaids

The Hip Chicks love their swim lessons. Both of them have been taking lessons for a long time. Natalya is doing great and is waiting to move up to the next level. She could be in a pool all day long. Vienne has been in the "baby and me" classes with Mommy. Until today. She finally gets to be in the "big girl class" because, as she says, "I don't need you anymore!" An advantage to having an older sister is that she has someone to learn from. Vienne was under the water sooner than Natalya. It was a bittersweet moment to watch my two girls so independent. But that's what I wanted anyway. Right? Maybe. Maybe not so soon.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ah, such a mix of pride and sorrow to watch our babies grow up, up and away. That portrait of both your big girls is gorgeous!

Laura McIntyre said...

You have such cute kids, swim lessons look great - it is such a sad but wonderful thing watching them grow up