Friday, November 16, 2007

Looky at What I Just Bought

I love this company. This is the second hat that I've bought from them. Handmade in Portland, Oregon.

Christmas shopping has begun for me. Unfortunately I feel like some of the fun has been taken out of it in light of the many toy recalls. Does anyone else feel jipped? Like some of the naivete has been taken away from childhood. Gone are the days of of perusing the toy aisles with wide eye merriement? I'll be doing lots of searching on the internet for unique, safe alternatives. And if you've been doing that too you've already discovered how difficult it is to buy things not made in China. So, pass on anything you find. And better yet, reevaluate the "stuff" we have and go minimal this year. Maybe each child gets a whole day to herself with Mom or Dad. Suggestions?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

That is adorable! I think I will have to get one of those, too. I know what you mean about toys. But you know, books are good, too! I bought toys during the year and stashed them away so I should check on those and see if they are on a recall list. Santa usually gives them one big gift, too, and Santa is clueless as to what that will be this year...

For your pricess dresses, you already make those cute tutus, so you are mostly there! I'm sure they will turn out beautifully. :)

Arizaphale said...

What a great idea. Himself and I were just discussing the Christmas budget what with all the financial pressures we are currently under. Trouble is as they get older the cost of even single presents goes up. We have already agreed that we won't buy anything for each other. For me, the best Xmas present is MY MUM AND DAD and MY SISTER who is coming on the 28th Dec!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with that list of toys. *sigh*

Melissa said...

you should check out soulemama.typepad.com. There was a discussion there a couple of days ago about wooden toys. Really good stuff! I have resorted to making somethings, buying wood stuff and I have bought some stuff on Etsy too. They will get some plastic toys, as long as the ones on there list are not recalled. We usually do a DVD or two also. Our big gift for them will be a puppet theater that we make them from recycled stuff around our house and stuff we purchas at Habitat Re-Store. I am now on the hunt for puppets!
Good luck!

Christina said...

Oh my, that hat is freakin' adorable!

I too am feeling robbed of the fun of Christmas shopping with all the recalls of late! nothing is safe anymore!

Anna said...

I'm working on a little list of places I go for CHINA FREE toys, we generally shop that way for the boys and other kids, so I hope my guide could be of some help!

And I LOVE THE TUTUS! Maybe I need one in MY size since I have no girls. OR I should have just entered for will. Next time I will for sure if you do it again! :)

Anonymous said...

Love those hats ! I keep thinking I should buy one. The question is would it be as cute on a BIG kid? I am doing most of my Christmas shopping on Etsy (that's the plan!)